Community Services Parks, Trail, and Recreation Master Plan
In 2021, the Community Services Department collected input from the community to help guide the master-planning process. The engagement efforts kicked off in June when four feedback sessions were hosted where more than 100 residents and stakeholders participated. Community groups and other partnership organizations offered their insights and a community-wide survey was developed based on the input offered. A random sampling of residents were invited to take the survey. In addition, the Community Service team invited all residents to provide feedback and input through an open-link survey.
We love our parks, programs, and trails- and we know you do too! That’s why your continued enthusiasm and active engagement is so important for our 10-year Master Plan. This master plan process created a priority blueprint for where our parks can improve, how to grow responsibly, and what programs and recreational opportunities our community needs.
What is a Master Plan?
A master plan serves as a blueprint for the future of the department.
Fountain Hills has not had an overall Master Plan for the department, thus this document will be the first of its kind.
The recently adopted Community Service Strategic Plan identifies the need for integral long term planning analysis and strategies.
The Ultimate Goal: A successful master planning process will transform a community’s vision into tangible plans to create outstanding recreation opportunities, well-maintained facilities, and a customer-focused and responsive park system.
Why Do We Need a Master Plan?
The master planning process enables local governments to assess recreation needs and interests of community members.
It enables decision-makers to prioritize resource allocation decisions for new facilities and rehabilitation projects, programs, and services in a manner that is:
- Fiscally responsible
- Publicly supported
- Politically prudent
- Environmentally sound
What Did the Master Plan Do?
- Evaluate the existing park system with benchmarks of regional and national standards and potential service level improvements.
- Incorporate the vision, goals, and tasks outlined in the recently adopted Community Services Strategic Plan.
- Document priorities, trends and demands of the current population and charting a long-range plan for accommodating anticipated population growth.
- Develop an implementation program that outlines projects, anticipated costs, potential funding sources, and operation and maintenance implications.
- Inform citizens about park needs and their community assets
- Identify capital improvement goals that are needed to assess fiscal requirements and fundraising needs
- Guide critical decisions about parks and recreation facilities, infrastructure, programs, and services
- Develop recommendations and an implementation strategy.
Contact Community Services Executive Assistant Patti Lopuszanski
16705 E Avenue of the Fountains
Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
Monday to Thursday
7 a.m. to 6 p.m.