The Town of Fountain Hills encourages involvement in government through volunteerism. Many department services are enhanced and provided with great cost savings because of the generosity of time and talent given by the citizens of Fountain Hills. Volunteers enrich the community every day. Volunteers work within the Town reducing the cost to deliver services to its residents all while having fun, meeting others and enjoying new challenges!
Possible Volunteer Opportunities
The Town is looking for these special individuals to help in a variety of possible opportunities through volunteer service in:
- Administrative filing, data entry and special project assistance
- Adopt a Street Program
- Annual Activities and Volunteer EXPO
- Art walk docents
- Assist volunteer coordinator with projects
- Assist with annual volunteer reception
- Boards and commissions
- Community services special events
- Crisis Response Team
- Front Desk Receptionists - Community and Activity Center, Town Hall
- Hosts and hostesses for town hall meetings and open houses
- Make a Difference Day
- Park trail stewards
- The Give a Lift Transportation Program
- The Home Delivered Meal Program
- Care Card
- Adopt a Senior
Creating New Positions
Additionally, new positions can often be created in order to match the skills and interests of prospective volunteers. Having volunteers present in Town Hall, the Community Center, or Activity Center is crucial to a vision that is focused on expanding and enhancing the services the Town is able to continue to provide the community.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the .
- Volunteer Applications will be reviewed for area of interest and possible placement. Each volunteer will be interviewed and placed on an individual basis according to skills, qualifications and the needs of the Town.
- Any or all of the following may be required before placement in any sensitive volunteer position:
- Background check
- Substance abuse test
- DMV record
We welcome and invite you to serve as a valued Volunteer! It’s good for your health, use of time, and fun, too! Please direct questions and comments to the Volunteer Coordinator at 480-816-5108.