After receiving a well-deserved facelift, the Fountain Hills Community Center reopens for programs and visitors on Monday, Oct. 4. Residents are welcome to attend a special grand-reopening event planned for 8 a.m. in the lobby of the newly remodeled facility.
On June 28, 2021, the center was closed for remodeling and was set to reopen on Sept. 7. However, due to product delivery delays, the project completion was postponed until the end of September.
Some operation staff worked from the Town Hall Council Chambers during the remodeling of offices and classrooms in the Community Center. Many programs moved to the former Four Peaks Elementary School during the remodeling. Other Community Services’ programs, including Home Delivered Meals and the Durable Medical Equipment Loan Program, were open during the Community Center remodeling.
The Community Center remodeling, funded through the Capital Improvement Program (CIP), and the Facilities Reserve Fund, will include:
- Painting the complete interior.
- Remodeling the restrooms.
- Installing new flooring throughout the building.
- Replacing and upgrading audio-visual equipment.
- New furnishings.
- A new front desk.
- New water fountains and water bottle filling stations.
- Improvements to the stormwater drainage system at the front entrance.
For more information about Community Services programs and services, go to www.fh.az.gov/187/Community-Services.