- Your Government
- Departments & Divisions
- Public Works
- Upcoming Pavement Projects
Upcoming Pavement Projects
The Town of Fountain Hills has awarded a contract to M. R. Tanner Construction to install new asphalt in your area. There are many stages to the project. The first order of business includes milling the existing road. Milling involves cutting and grinding the old asphalt. Once the milling process is complete, grading crews will begin to re-grade the existing subgrade and make any necessary improvements to the subgrade. Following the completion of milling and grading, we will then begin to pave your street. Construction will be limited to the asphalt areas. Roads will be open for “Local Traffic” only during the construction process. Please use extreme caution when walking and driving through these construction areas as you will be driving on the existing dirt. Water trucks and brooms will remain onsite during working hours to help minimize any dust.
Starting May 8, crews will begin road pavement preservative work on the following roads: Grande, El Pueblo, and Glenbrook boulevards.
The work being done consists of removing the old street markings (May 8 - 12). Preservative Sealant Applications, known as seal coat, begin May 15, and will be completed by June 4.
During this time frame there will be No Parking restrictions in effect:
• Monday -Friday, from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• All vehicles left on the streets after 6 a.m. will be towed.
• Please have solid waste containers on the streets by 5:30 a.m. on your scheduled day of collection.
• Property owners are responsible for trimming trees and bushes. Crews may perform trimming as needed for access.
• Crews will use their best efforts to provide access to driveways, neighborhoods and side streets. Please be aware of temporary restrictions while the work is underway.
• Water is the enemy of good pavement rehabilitation. Please turn off or adjust watering schedules so water does not run off your property and into the street before, during or immediately after treatment.
• Please observe all signs and barricades and pay attention to flagmen and police officers in the area.
You will receive a notice 48-72 prior to work starting from M.R. Tanner Construction with more details.
Town of Fountain Hills Street Department and contractor work hours for the summer are Monday - Thursday, 5:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Some projects may require additional days.
Construction crews may be working on your street (Orange marked streets). You will have access to your driveways, with minor delays.
|M.R. Tanner Construction|
|Town of Fountain Hills, Jeff Pierce|
Questions? Contact the Project Hotline at (480) 486-9067
Please be Aware:
- When you see the orange “NO ON STREET PARKING” signs installed on the streets, please do not park your vehicle on the street.
- Vehicles parked on the street during these times will be relocated or towed.
- During the milling/grading/paving process, access to driveways will also restricted.
- In case of inclement weather, equipment breakdown and material shortages, work may be re-scheduled or delayed.
- Pay attention to all barricades and flagmen