Councilmember Brenda J. Kalivianakis
Brenda Kalivianakis graduated 18th in her class from Southern Illinois University School of Law in 1988. She served in the prestigious role of associate editor of the SIU Law Journal and won the Lawyers Co-Op Publishing Award for her outstanding work in contract law. After passing the bar exam, she worked as a prosecutor in the Assistant State’s Attorney’s office. She eventually left the State’s Attorney’s office to open her own practice specializing in criminal defense. Years later, she left the legal profession to create and run a thriving marketing company in the Chicago suburbs until her decision to retire to AZ.
In addition to her responsibilities representing the people of Fountain Hills on the Town Council, Brenda currently serves in the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary (USCG Aux) as a Divisional Staff Officer. She’s a member of their distinguished USCG Aux Color Guard and plays saxophone in the USCG Aux Arizona Band. Brenda is also an Arizona State committeeman for Legislative District 3 and a precinct committeeman in the Saguaro precinct.
Some of the other important committees Brenda serves on representing the Town include:
- Public Safety, Military Affairs and the Courts
- Pedestrian and Streets Committee
- Fountain Hills Cares
Her devoted love of animals is also evident in her membership in numerous local charities, including the President’s Club of the Arizona Humane Society (reserved for their most loyal supporters) and the Ironwood Pig Sanctuary in Tucson where she is a monthly donor.
Brenda’s other noteworthy memberships and distinctions include:
• Fountain Hills Leadership Academy graduate (2022)
• Republican National Committee legal team member (2022)
• AZ State Republican Committeeman for Legislative District 3 (2022)
• Fountain Hills Elks Club (current)
• Fountain Hills Republican Club (current)
• Precinct Committee member (2017-present)
• Coast Guard Unit commendation award - 2019
• Sustained Auxiliary Service award - 2020
• Dept of Homeland Security Outstanding unit award - 2022
• US Coast Guard Meritorious Team Commendation - 2022
• Department of Homeland Security Outstanding unit award - 2022
• Southern Illinois Judicial Board
• Licensed to practice law in the United States Federal courts and member of the Illinois Bar Association (ret)
• Advisor – Oldsmobile Club of America
Brenda celebrates her calling to serve the citizens of Fountain Hills as a solemn contract. Like the oaths that she swore when she was admitted to the bar and joined the US Coast Guard Aux, she embraces a deep sense of duty to all the citizens and business owners of Fountain Hills. Her commitment will always include honesty, transparency, and a genuine interest in the concerns of her constituents.