- Your Government
- Departments & Divisions
- Development Services
- Code Enforcement Services
Code Enforcement Services
The beauty, tranquility and safety of the Town of Fountain Hills, makes it one of the most desirable places to live in the United States. The Code Enforcement Services Division is actively involved in maintaining an excellent quality of life by addressing community issues such as:
- Abandoned vehicles
- Illegal signs
- Improper parking on private property
- Improperly maintained pools
- Other destruction in town-owned washes
- Property maintenance
- Vacation rentals concerns
See Click Fix - To Report an Issue
If you see something, say something. The Town of Fountain Hills wants to keep our community safe and beautiful. Use our See Click Fix Fountain Hills Connect online application, or you can call the Code Enforcement Hotline at 480-816-5193. Your information will go to the appropriate department to handle your concerns in a timely manner.
Code Enforcement Complaint Priorities and Policies
To provide an orderly and effective means to address code compliance issues throughout the Town in a fair, equitable, and manageable fashion, the priorities and policies have been established:
- Issues with the most immediate impacts on health and safety (e.g. vegetation that blocks sight visibility at an intersection, green pools, etc.) will be given the highest priority
- Follow up on existing open cases
- Investigation and processing of new cases which appear to have significant neighborhood impacts (e.g. property maintenance issues, dumping, abandoned vehicles, etc.)
- Investigation and processing of other new cases
- Staff will initiate cases on their own based on observed violations and the overall priorities established.
- For citizen filed complaints, staff will focus on those cases within 300’ of where they live; complaints from a further distance will be put in a que for future review as time allows.
- Based on the priorities above, staff will accept for processing only one complaint a week per individual; additional complaints will be put in a que for future review as time allows.
- When there is an ongoing pattern of neighbor disputes, staff will discontinue response to compliance issues until the neighbors can demonstrate an effort to resolve issues through mediation.
Problems are addressed in a confidential, friendly and understanding way. A Code Enforcement Officer will notify the property owner or tenant of the violation and will help them find a solution. The property owner or tenant will be given a reasonable amount of time to correct the violation(s). While most property owners or tenants comply after the first notification, those who do not comply receive additional notices. If the violation is not corrected, the property owner or tenant may be subject to criminal prosecution.
Questions regarding code enforcement matters or issues are welcome. Town residents or business owners can report concerns by calling 480-816-5193 or the Code Enforcement staff may be contacted in person at Town Hall during normal business hours.