The Town of Fountain Hills Community Center is offering tax preparation services for low-to-moderate income individuals and families.
Appointments are now being taken for tax preparation services provided by Masters of Coin and the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program at the Fountain Hills Community Center located at 13001 N. La Montana Drive. The service is for low-to-moderate income individuals and families which is generally with income less than $64,000, persons with disabilities, the elderly and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
The service is available at the Community Center on Mondays, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Feb.5 through April 15. Participants must make an appointment by calling 480-816-5200.
What to Bring to Your Tax Appointment:
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number documents for all individuals included on the tax return (Taxpayer, Spouse, dependents)
- Photo identification for Taxpayer (and Spouse if married)
- All relevant 2023 Tax Documents
- Information for any additional income
- Information for all potential deductions and credits, including charitable contributions
- Banking routing number and account number for direct deposit or debit
- A copy of your 2022 Tax Return (Federal and State)
For information about non-profit Masters of Coin and this free service, go to www.mastersofcoin.org.