Virtual Programs and Activities
Welcome to Fountain Hills Parks and Recreation’s Virtual Programs page! On this page you will find fun, engaging, and active resources to help get us through these unique times. We are committed to providing our community with resources to help them maintain healthy lives, create memorable experiences, and continue to recreate. Our Virtual Programs page will help you and your loved ones with ideas to stay healthy, entertained, and informed.
New Year Bingo Challenges
Kick-off the New Year with a fun Bingo Challenge. You can choose from two Bingo Challenges or complete both. These challenges are designed to get you moving, connect with the community, and engage with family and friends while following COVID safety precautions. Winners from each Bingo Challenge will receive a $50 gift card to a local business. It’s FREE to participate, but we do require all participants to register online at www.fh.az.gov/recreation. Once you register you will receive your Bingo Challenge card through email.
Bingo Challenge Rules
- Complete all the challenges and send us pictures of your challenges to enter into the drawing to win the $50 gift card to a local business.
- You can share your pictures in three ways: Tag us on social media Facebook @fhparksandrec or Instagram @fountainhillsrec, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to use the hashtag #FHBingoChallenge2021
One winner from each Challenge will be announced and awarded their prize on Monday, February 1.
FREE New Year Kick Off Bingo Challenge #5565
FREE New Year Fitness Bingo Challenge #5566
Virtual Family Trivia Night #5843
- Road Trip from Home: Virtual Field Trips
- Learning at Home: Online Brain Teasers, Mind Games, Puzzles and More!
- Simple STEM Activities To Do at Home
- Organize a virtual playdate online
- Build a blanket or cardboard box fort
- Backyard Camping
- Create your very own outdoor treasure hunt
- Pick a classic family movie and make S’mores on the stovetop
- Arizona Science Center - ASTRONAUT VIRTUAL SERIES
- Take a Virtual Vacation – Explore the world using Google Earth! Use Street View to see places like you’re actually there
- The Hidden World of National Parks – National Park Services and Google have teamed up so you can explore The Hidden World of National Parks with virtual tours guided by park rangers
- Head to the Monterey Bay Aquarium through their live stream
- Live webcam of the Beluga Whales at the Georgia Aquarium
- Visit one of many museums around the world through their virtual tours
- Take a virtual tour of the Smithsonian
- Virtual Tour of Sequoia National Park
- Virtual Tour of the Great Wall of China
- Virtual field trip of Yellowstone National Park
- Explore Mars with a 360 camera
- San Diego Zoo – Check out their live animal cams and videos
- Virtual Scuba Dives
- 13 Virtual Museum and Gallery Tours
As our daily lives are filled with more indoor time, there are many ways to stay healthy and active. Visit the links below for great ways to keep you moving!
- Do Yoga with Me – Free yoga videos
- Fitness Blender – Variety of free videos
- Nike Training Club – App filled with free fitness videos
- Alo Moves – Fitness, Yoga, and Meditation
- Fitness Blender for Kids – Free fitness videos
- Cosmic Kids Yoga – Kid friendly videos
- Little Twisters Yoga – Free kids yoga lesson plans
- 30 Minute No Equipment Needed Workout Video
- 87 Energy-Busting Indoor Games & Activities
- Fluency and Fitness – Students, ages 4-5, review literacy and math skills, while getting in some exercise
- Go Noodle – Movement and mindfulness videos
- Work on Mindfulness – Mindfulness is a type of meditation in which you focus on being intensely aware of what you’re sensing and feeling in the moment, without interpretation or judgment. Practicing mindfulness involves breathing methods, guided imagery, and other practices to relax the body and mind and help reduce stress.
Arts & Crafts
- The Town of Fountain Hills Community Services Department is excited to collaborate with Challenge Island to offer fun and educational STEAM programs for kids. Register online!
- FreeKidsCrafts – Lots of categories of idea, templates and print outs
- Crafts by Amanda – Free arts and crafts ideas
- Shaving Cream Art
- Make your own playdough
- All Kids Network – Crafts, activities, mazes, dot to dot, etc.
- Highlights Kids – Fun games, recipes, crafts, activities
- Online digital coloring pages at www.thecolor.com
- Make Elephant Toothpaste